Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yikes. Two Weeks?

Well, I have to say that it's pretty cool that we are nearing our marathon race day. It all seems so far away until you're just about on top of the date. I'm beginning to feel a little bit of anxiety about it all, but not necessarily about the marathon itself. Frankly, it's about the faster paces that I'm turning over in my head. I have to fit in some "tune-ups" on Saturdays and wait for it... a 1.5 mile time trial for a fitness/wellness class I'm taking. True, I could just breeze through it with an easy pace and be considered in the 85th percentile of the population (being that America is now officially 20% obese), but I prefer to give it a go and see where I stand. Somehow, I can work it into one of my speed days without disrupting too much. It may be an encouraging experience, being that I have not run a short distance for time (in shape) in a long time.

We just finished our last "long" run on Sunday. Mollie cruised with me during a 17 miler. Unfortunately for us all, I had spent that Saturday putting in a new bathroom floor. This required about 5 hours of back and forth for each measure and cut between the bath and the garage, separated by an 8 step stair case. Yes, I could have placed the mitre saw next to the bathroom, but that would have made such a mess in the house that I didn't want to go there. Wow, did I feel that the next day. My glutes, quads and hamstrings were all sorts of sore the next morning, making for a slow and painful run. I don't think I'll ever forget that lesson.
Luckily, the bathroom looks great and the run was completed! The pain is only temporary.

Mollie and I have such a great time up in NY. Apple picking was really fun the last time we did that and we're going to keep our eyes out for a good pumpkin too. Can't wait to see little Mia!
It's right around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you to run your first full marathon in NY! We can't wait to see you and hopefully we will be able to see the new house improvements soon, too :)

    xo,
    Steph, Brandon, Mia, Meadow & Isla

    ReplyDelete