Friday, July 8, 2011

Close Call

Thank you to the lady in the POS Cutlass Supreme who stopped in the middle of the crosswalk to shove a doughnut in her mouth. You could have easily stopped before the crosswalk and let me continue running, especially because there were no cars coming in either direction. I understand that doughnuts taste good, but in the future you may want to wake up 30 seconds earlier and eat that at home since you can't seem to handle driving, chewing, and turning your head at the same time.

That happened yesterday, but it really bugged me. Any close calls I have ever had while running have involved people at fast food establishments. For some reason, they get so excited by their purchases that they forget to check for pedestrians or other cars.

Wednesday's run was supposed to be 14, but I could only get in 11 before my dentist apptointment (no cavities!) unless I skipped the shower (ew). I should have just done my scheduled recovery run yesterday, but I wanted to make up the mileage I had missed so I ran 8 miles instead of 5. Today I woke up feeling like garbage and contemplated skipping my run altogether, but Bella was really hyper so I decided to run 3 with her and see how I felt. It was really humid and almost 11am by the time I finished, but I got in 9 miles. Pretty slow and I feel awful now, but at least it's done!

Not much else to report, just laying low and doing a lot of work on our house. We're having a mini-cookout tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment