Tuesday, July 5, 2011

13 Weeks To Go!

Last week was a short week because of our vacation. I somehow managed to squeeze in 40 miles in 3 days. After Lake Placid, we drove to my hometown in upstate NY and stayed with my sister and brother-in-law. From Thursday afternoon until yesterday afternoon we basically slept, ate, ran, and laid out by the pool. It was fabulous.

I jumped back into training on Friday with an 11-miler and Saturday with the same distance. Sunday's 18-miler turned out much better than I had hoped. Pete rode the road bike next to me and Brandon ran the first 9 miles with me as well. I had planned to go about 75 minutes per loop to end up with about 2 hours and 30 minutes for the run. It was warm, but rained (heavily at times) for most of the run, and I think the overcast skies made the very hilly loop seem easier than usual. We ended up running the first 9 miles in 70 minutes. I felt really good until the beginning of the second loop (after about 5 minutes it's straight uphill for a mile) but I ended up pushing myself to hit the same time as the previous loop. My final time was 2:17:17, well under the time I was trying to hit. Marathon training is starting to work it's magic.

Monday was a rest/ travel day. It sucked having to leave NY on the Fourth of July. A lot of my cousins were up for my sister's baby shower, the weather was perfect, and we had such a good time seeing everyone. Unfortunately we had to bite the bullet and take off at 2pm. Traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so we got good sleep last night. This morning I picked up Bella from the boarders and ran part of my 9 miles with her. I think those rest days paid off because I'm feeling really good and looking forward to this week!

Friday: 11 miles
Saturday: 11 miles
Sunday: 18 miles
Total: 40 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment