Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week in Review

I've been lacking motivation lately, so I listened to some Mitch Hedberg stand-up on my iPod (I never run with my iPod, this was yesterday on my day off). I've heard his stand-up so many times I have it memorized, but he never fails to crack me up. Here's some motivation Mitch Hedberg-style:

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.

Last week:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 9 miles
Wednesday: 11 miles
Thursday: 8 miles
Friday: 9 miles
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: 18 miles
Total: 60 miles!!

So... I felt pretty awful this week. I skipped the marathon pace part of the 18-miler on Sunday because it was incredibly hot, but the effort was there. I ended up running 1:21:58 for the 18 miles, almost 4 minutes slower than last week. Of course, last week it was 60-something, overcast and raining. This week it was high 80's, sunny and very humid. I guess I have to wake up even earlier. Oh well, another lesson learned.

We went to the beach Sunday afternoon (I made a big effort to re-hydrate though), and when we came back I was toast... didn't get much accomplished yesterday either because I felt like crap. Today's run started off pretty rough, but I felt great by the end. I love running really fast (tell me again, why am I running a marathon?) so today was fun, only 8 miles and then 10 x 100 meters, which I rocked.

I wonder what my new neighbors think when they see me sprinting back and forth in front of my house?

No comments:

Post a Comment