Friday, July 15, 2011

Sweet Relief

67 degrees this morning... aaaahhh. My 12 mile run on Wednesday went well considering how hot and humid it was, much better than I felt last week.

Bella ran the whole ten miles with me today, and my 5 mile recovery run yesterday as well. She runs about 6:45-7:00 pace until she gets tired, and in cool weather she can keep that pace up for 8-10 miles or more. She's a good training partner, except for when she takes a sharp turn to go after a bunny or a squirrel. I ate it once last fall, but I guess my reaction time has improved since then.

The week has felt really easy, almost too easy. I just have 5 mile recovery run tomorrow and a 15-miler on Sunday. I may try to make up for the marathon pace run that I missed last Sunday (I ended up just running 18 at a regular pace because of the heat) and turning the 15 into a race pace run.

Not much else to report... pretty chill week, just enjoying the time off and getting settled into our house. Looks like a nice beach weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment