Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tempo Run

I woke up at 5 friggin 30 today to beat the impending sauna-like conditions (which will be around for the entire week, and this also coincides with my toughest week of training so far). Bullshiz. Unfortunately I will probably have to wake up at the same time tomorrow.

Drove to the park, warmed up 2 miles, stretched a little. I should probably start doing some more organized drills, but whatever. Like usual, my first 400 was way too fast so I just relaxed a bit and really I was feeling like crap anyway (I don't know if it was because of Sunday's run or the early wake-up or what). I came through the mile at 6:54, ummm not good. So I picked it up and ended up hitting my pace. I wasn't super encouraged by this workout, but I also haven't done a short tempo in a long time so I won't labor over it. Followed by a 3 mile cooldown shuffle, for 10 total.

My 1.5 mile splits:
10:13.20
9:58.87
9:56.45
3:07.65 (last 800)

Total: 33:16.17

6:39.2 per mile pace

Post script: After figuring out my pace, I feel a little better. I thought I had averaged 6:45, but it ended up being 6:39. Still not groundbreaking times but not awful either.

No comments:

Post a Comment