Friday, July 22, 2011

I'll Huff... and I'll Puff... and I'll Blow Your House In!

I'm not even going to bore myself by writing about the heat anymore. I've been waking up early all week, and it sucks, but I'm hoping it's not going to be like this for the rest of the summer. I know if I can make it through 68 miles this week, I can pretty much make it through anything. In typical fashion, I slogged through Wednesday's 14 miles. I have yet to feel any better on these Wednesday runs. They flat out suck. Thursday was a recovery 5 miles which I ran with Bella. Today's run was 11, and I actually felt good! I did the first half in 44 min, and came back in 42 (the route is actually a little longer than 11 miles, which I was happy to find out a few weeks ago). While I was running back, I couldn't believe I was actually feeling better with each mile. That rarely happens in the heat, and it usually goes the other way. For some reason I started about that fairytale The Three Little Pigs, and the wolf who tries to blow their houses in. Couldn't get it out of my head. Maybe it was because I was huffing and puffing a lot, I don't know.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 7 miles and some sprints and Sunday's run... 21 miles! This is going to take some planning. I actually was thinking today that I need to get some handheld water bottles because the gatorade bottles I've been using are annoying to hold. I hate to buy gadgets, but I borrowed my brother Brandon's a few weeks ago and I actually liked it. I also might need to break down and buy some new running shoes, since I've been doing all of my training in Nike Free's and I probably need to get something with a little cushion. My poor feet and shins are kind of sore from all of the sidewalk running this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment