Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Early Morning Run

Bad weather always looks worse through a window. ~Author Unknown



I love that quote because there have been so many times that I almost skipped a run for rain/snow etc. and it ended up being a great run. I ran early this morning before work and it was really overcast. It ended up raining for most of it, but I had forgotten how refreshing it is to run in the rain in the summer. Anyway, I did the 8 miles in about an hour despite the rain. I felt kind of stiff when I woke up and had some weird foot and knee pains that came and went. I don't know what that's about, but everything came together after I turned around and then second half felt great.

The next two weeks of training are going to be kind of off-book because we're going out of town for over a week and we planned on not running for a few days. So, I think I'm going to run again this afternoon, 5 or 6 miles and do my 10x100 meters that I didn't have time for this morning.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 14 miles, but I'm definitely doing less than that. I have to run early in the morning again because I'm helping out at a golf tournament and it's supposed to be 100 degrees or something ridiculous. We are going to freeze in the Adirondacks this week, it's been getting down to the 40's there at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment