Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week Three

Lily: Ted, you may be single and childless, but you're totally a dorky dad.

Ted: I don't think I like your tone, young lady.**




Pete is still working on his injury so I had to go it alone today. Total time was 1:57:42, but I actually ran 15.3 miles due to that extra distance between the end and beginning of the loop so I averaged 7:42 per mile.

The park was really nice this morning, lots of dads fishing or going for walks with their families, which made for some good people-watching. I decided to practice drinking water while running, and I took a GU block every three miles. I find the gels to be so disgusting, so I tried the blocks and success! I like how you can just take one block instead of trying to hang on to a half-full gel pack.

After the run I had about ten minutes to get ready to meet Pete's dad for brunch. We went to the art show at the oceanfront afterwards. It was fun to browse through all the different artists, but as we got further up the boardwalk it turned into lots of tourists in too-small bathing suits eating turkey legs.

Anyway, I would say Happy Father's Day, but I know my dad will not be reading this (which is the same reason I'm not going to bother writing it on facebook). I already called him this morning, and we'll see him on Thursday for a belated FD celebration in NY. Dad is "old school" and prefers to get all of his information and gossip by word of mouth, so facebook is out of the question.

Week Three:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 10 miles (4 tempo)
Wednesday: 13 miles
Thursday: 5 miles recovery
Friday: 9 miles general aerobic
Saturday: 5 miles recovery
Sunday: 15 miles long run
total: 57 miles

(**from the How I Met Your Mother episode, Not A Father's Day**)

No comments:

Post a Comment