Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm calling it a long run

Yesterday I had to run 13 miles, and for some reason my training plan calls this a medium-long run. I disagree.

I ran during lunch, at the hottest time of the day, but it was still cooler than last week's 11 miler. When I got back to school, anyone who saw me in the hallway was all "wow, is it hot out there?" and "you're all sweaty". Is that the best you can come up with? One of the teachers in my hallway asked me how far I ran. "Five miles?" he guessed. "No, thirteen." His jaw dropped to the floor. I don't get why that's such a big deal.

I am so happy school is almost over. People are getting on my nerves in a big way. Driving to work is obnoxious. The state of VA sells "vanity" plates at a very affordable price, and the trend is for basically everyone to get a personalized license plate. It's bad enough I have to sit in traffic, but then I am forced to read the license plate on the vehicle in front of me. Dear driver of the blue Ford Escape with the license plate "ESSKAPE", why? Clearly your frontal lobe is lacking something. And I'm pretty sure Jesus did not sacrifice Himself so that he might be part of your clever license plate message, "4HM4EVA".

No comments:

Post a Comment