Thursday, June 2, 2011

Night running

Sunshine is delicious,

Rain is refreshing,

Wind braces us up,

Snow is exhilarating,
There's really no such thing as bad weather,
Only different kinds of good weather.

-John Ruskin

I do not advocate night running for obvious safety reasons, but we had no choice today. It was really hot and humid again, and we had a lot of work to do on the house so we didn't even start our 8 miler until 8:45. For some reason running in the dark makes me feel like I'm running super fast. I think all of my track PRs occurred in the dark (well, under the lights of course) so maybe it's not an illusion and I just run faster because I'm scared of the dark.
Tomorrow I am taking the day off from running. Our training plan calls for a 9 mile run, but Pete and I need to get our house ready for guests this weekend, and I'm going to be at a track meet for most of the day. We ran a little longer today to make up for it, but there's nothing wrong with skipping a day when you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment