Monday, June 13, 2011

Gettin' Paper

Track season is finally over!! One more week of school, and then summer break begins. I just found out that our school district has a surplus for the year and they are giving all teachers a 2.5% bonus this summer. That will go to good use, either for our house or for our vacation in Lake Placid.
Training has been going well, although the heat has been a serious factor. We lucked out yesterday because we slept in and didn't start out run until almost 9am. The plan was to run 4 miles, then 6 miles at marathon pace, and then finish with 4 more miles to make 14 total. We drove to a nearby park with a 1.5 mile loop, and decided to modify the workout so that we did 4 x 1.5 miles at marathon pace, with a short jog/water break in between. Times for the repeats were:

10:56 (7:20 at mile)
10:44 (7:00 at mile)
10:23 (6:45 at mile)
9:52 (6:40 at mile)

I got a little carried away on the last one because I wanted to run under 10:00, but I didn't feel like I was running an all-out interval. I didn't feel lactic acid at any point in my workout either. I was pretty pleased with the workout and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be.
We spent the afternoon at the beach, which was sooo relaxing. When we got home last night we hung out with our neighbors for a little bit and made dinner. It was a great day, and made up for Saturday.
(*I had to take a Praxis test, then drive straight to Richmond for a track meet. The lightning started after the first event, then we all waited around for three hours before they had to cancel the whole meet. I was pissed but didn't want to let my athletes know. I had really been looking forward to this meet because it's one of the few in VA with a girls steeplechase, and now we have to wait until next year. Plus, Pete got a speeding ticket in some crappy town between here and Richmond. The officer had really bad teeth.)


Week Two:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 8 miles with 10x100m strides (9 total)
Wednesday: 11 miles
Thursday: 5 miles recovery run
Friday: rest
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: 14 miles with 6 miles at marathon pace
total: 44 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment