Monday, June 6, 2011

Long Run/ Recap of Week One

"If the furnace is hot enough, it will burn anything."
- John Parker, Once a Runner

Yesterday our long run of 13 miles went well, but we didn't finish until almost 9pm. I felt pretty nauseous through the whole thing but the rest of me felt great so I just sucked it up. We had planned to eat Mexican after our run, but I knew there was noooo way that was going to happen. Gag.

I try to eat healthy foods 90% of the time, but for some reason I settled on eating Wendy's after our run. Chicken sandwich (which I forced down) and a frosty (which was all I really wanted at the time, but knew I had to eat the "real food" first). I feel like whenever I increase my training workload, my appetite takes a while to catch up. In another week or two, I'm sure it will be totally different (like, I'll be ravenous 24-7). I have to go to the grocery store after work today because our fridge is bare and we haven't moved any of our pantry supplies over from the apartment yet.

Week One:
Monday: off
Tuesday: 8 miles (4 at lactate threshold)
Wednesday: 11 miles medium-long run
Thursday: 8 miles general aerobic
Friday: off
Saturday: 5 miles recovery run
Sunday: 13 miles long run
total: 45 miles

1 comment:

  1. Excellent week one...frosty and all! xo

    ~Steph

    ReplyDelete